A Tradition of Community, Charity, & Volunteerism
The Glens Falls region is rich in history and Parks Heritage Federal Credit Union is proud to be a part of its history. We celebrate our heritage every day in the form of our name.
In 1897 Glens Falls was a booming center of industrialism in the northeastern United States and a group of 12 doctors decided that a community medical center was critical to provide necessary services to the growing population in the area. Later that year the hospital was fully incorporated and the search for a suitable location was underway. After many meetings with the newly formed hospital board of directors, a local industrialist by the name of Solomon A. Parks generously donated his home at 48 Park Street for the formal establishment of what became known as Parks Hospital.
In 2009 upon receiving approval from the National Credit Union Administration to expand the field of membership from only employees of Glens Falls Hospital to all medical service related professionals in Warren, Washington & Saratoga County. The Board of Directors of then Glens Falls Hospital Employees Federal Credit Union renamed the institution to Parks Heritage Federal Credit Union to celebrate the heritage of Mr. Solomon Parks, whose generosity and prescience paved the way for the Glens Falls Regions becoming an epicenter of medical excellence.
Originally founded in 1965, Parks Heritage Federal Credit Union is the chosen financial institution for medical service related professionals that care for our communities.
"We care for those who care."